Friday, October 18, 2013

The Controversy of “What’s your excuse?”

You must of known I would write about this. 




My question, What’s your excuse for acting like your better than everyone who has little ones  and doesn’t look like that. Some of us NEVER have and NEVER will. What’s my excuse? Hmmmmm, let me count the ways……

I get up at 6am, (my Hubs is already gone and off to work) make lunches, make breakfasts, shower, get ready and get a 4yo ready
I drive a half hour to drop him off to preschool
I drive another half hour to get to work
I work until 430-500
I drive a half hour to get back to preschool to get the 4yo
I drive a half hour home in pure traffic
Usually arrive home between 530-6pm
I pick up kitchen, I make dinner etc
We eat usually about 7pm
Then I have an hour to give the boy a bath, read and tuck him in
It’s 8pm, I would like to have a conversation and spend a little time with my 14yo
It’s 9-930pm, I’m tired, it’s time for bed.

Is this what you consider an excuse, my daily life?, it’s more like reality and this doesn’t include when the older boy has practice or a game or when other shit is going on.

First of all I agree with being healthy and fit. Secondly, She looks amazeballs. No doubt! But, (and there it is)  Is that caption necessary? Everyone’s life and circumstances are different. Get over yourself. Believe it or not you can be fit and healthy and still never look that like, and every woman in the world’s main focus is not to look like that.  It is not inspiring; it comes across as arrogant and narcissistic! The caption is not only judgmental it's based solely on her own specific situation, body type, time, equipment, and help with kids while she works out etc....

The picture would have been received as positive and compliments (that she deserves) would have been given if the caption was motivational. - 'You Can do it!’ It’s hard but worth it!  It would of motivated  woman but instead she assumed we are all clumped together in the same "life situation" making excuses and sitting around on our fat asses watching Soaps! 

One of my biggest pet peeves is people that think they are better than everyone.  Woman always bringing each other down and to me this is just another example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment