In the past year, I have come to have such an understanding that life is what you make it. The happiness you have or don't have in your life is on you. You need to stand for what you believe in, have the confidence and strength to move on from the things that weigh you down. I have learned the hard way that life is a gift, time is never guaranteed. It's about now, the time is now. If you LOVE someone make sure they know how much. Forgive those you love and move on. Take pictures, Lord knows how many pictures I take of my children, family and friends all the time. I capture everything because you never know if you or they will be there the next time. It doesn't matter if your parents are in their 30's or if they are in their 80's tell them and more importantly show them how much you love them because everyday you don't is a day you can't get back and you never know when their or your last day will be. This rule applies to anyone that you love. When someone you love dies you do not want to be filled with regrets, the what ifs or the if I only. When it's your time to leave you don't want to leave the ones you LOVE questioning your love.
As I set my eyes upon 2014, I have a full appreciation of this life I was given but that does not mean I like you don't often wish for more, however you have to step back and really figure out what's important to you today in this moment in the life you are living right now.
I have GOALS for 2014 and I think they are attainable. I just read my 2nd blog entry from when I started this and it was my Resolution List... Let's see how I did-
"New Year's 2012 My Resolutions for 2013
This is it....the last day of the worst year of my life. I am determined to make peace and get my life back. I will not make HUGE resolutions because I like most everyone( even though they won't admit it) FAIL after about 2-3 weeks.
I have decided to make a list of 5 Things that I can do:
- Let's not get any fatter! Every woman on January 1st says "I'm going to lose weight" most of us don't and then the following New Year's Eve we are 10 lbs heavier. So next year I will either be the same or have lost but will not be any fatter!!! Hey, sounds good.
- Make time for me to get back to exercise. Yes, Hubby and I are joining a Gym. Hmmm the ultimate New Year's resolution and so cliche.......but whatever
- Delegate more- I have a Husband, teenager and a toddler. They can all do something around here....yes, even the 3 year old. I will do the same at the office. I do not need to do everything everywhere!! I will have a hard time with this because I like things a certain way but I will have to let go which brings me to #4
- Letting go....Let go of things I can't change and focus on what I can.
- Be on time. Yes, if "running" late was exercise I would not even need my #1. I am always LATE! "
So, I got 4 out of 5. If you know me, yup you guessed it, the BIG OLE FAIL on #5!!! But hell, I didn't get any fatter, I actually lost 20lbs. We did join a gym which was cliche and so is my excuse as to why I stopped going but WTF, with the kids and my work schedule it's near impossible to get there. However, it's not a fail because I kept moving, walking. It counts as something and still better than nothing. Delegate, yup that's a big check check. Letting go, well that's why I feel so good.
This year my main goal is to find my body again. I worked this body from the inside out, head to toe and now I need to FINISH this job!!!!