Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Who's Pretending?



You always see those meme pictures “May your life be as awesome as you pretend it to be on facebook” and you laugh or give an eye roll as that someone pops instantly into your mind. I myself am an open book. I don’t pretend that my life is awesome because I believe my life is awesome.  I have come to believe in myself, my purpose and recognize my strengths. I decide how my life is going to be. I have a husband who I love and who loves me. I have what I believe are the best boys in the world who are my world. I take pride in their awesomeness and they are by far my greatest accomplishment. I was meant to be their Mother, it’s the biggest thing about my life and it’s what gives me the most confidence. I am their mother, I am a good mother and I am not pretending. 

My Husband loves me and I love him. We enjoy being with each other, going out with friends together or just grabbing a drink together on a random weeknight. We like being together. We like each others company and we are not pretending. 

We are a family of four. We all laugh, tease each other and hug a lot. We help each other and find simple ways to show appreciation and love. We all tell each other every day at some point no matter what that we love one another. We all love each other so much and we are not pretending.

We love all our extended family and friends. We celebrate, support and help them however or whenever we can. We enjoy seeing them, making plans and spending time with them. We don’t get to see many of them as much as we would like but when we are together we enjoy it and we are not pretending.

The question is; What is pretending? Who’s pretending? 

Is pretending not sharing the cute picture of myself but instead posting the one at the worst angle with my hair in my face and my right eye closed? 

Is pretending not posting the great picture of my husband and I at his company event but instead should of told you that my Husband is some kind a “loser” or that his job sucks because that same company hasn’t let him be home one night with us since school started to help me with rides to practice, afterschool pickups, dinner, homework or showers?  Of course not.

Is pretending telling you what a great big brother my 16yo is for taking time to carve a pumpkin with his 6yo brother when instead I should of told you how he just slammed his bedroom door in his little brothers face because he’s being so annoying while he’s trying to do homework?

Is pretending telling you how much I love my family and sharing our fun times when I should of instead told you about how I lost it the other day because no one cleans up after themselves?

Is pretending finally getting together with a friend and taking a fun pretty selfie together when I should of told you it took us breaking plans five times to finally get here?

Are we pretending or are we all just living real life? Aren’t we all in the same boat? Who wants to listen to constant complaining or negativity so we share the good, the love and the fun.

I don’t necessarily think anyone is pretending. I think people want other people to see the best of them.
The next time you are scrolling through remember we are all the same, just people trying to make it through life the best we can. As you scroll and see the perfect family who looks all together when you feel a mess remember it may have taken them ten frustrating tries with screaming and crying to get that great shot but they still look as great as their love is for one another. It’s life, it’s not pretending. 

 

1 comment: