Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Liebster Award



I was nominated for the Libester Award, by the Awesome Cut My Milk. I have pimped this page out several times, as it’s one of my favorites. So Thank You. 

The Liebster award is given to smaller up and coming bloggers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcoming. Yeah, that sounds like ME! 

These awards are a form of recognition from fellow bloggers and to gain exposure to your blog in the big old blogging world. 

The rules for this one state that you answer the 11 questions asked of you by the Blogger who gave you this award. 

My 11 Interview Questions from Cut My Milk

1. What piece of advice would you give to your 18 year old self? To have more courage! I also would of told her never to work for anyone, start your own business doing something you LOVE! Don’t give all your time to someone else’s dreams or purpose!

2. What would you change about yourself? The fact that I hold grudges. Even if I forgive or forgave you, deep down I NEVER forget what someone has done to me or how they hurt me.

3. What is your favorite smell? Perfume! I am a perfume Whore and addict, but it has to be the good stuff, so apparently I’m a perfume bitch too. I probably have about 25 bottles right now, all top shelf!

4. What is your earliest memory? I think when my Mother brought my sister home from the hospital. I was almost 4.

5. What is the best thing about where you live? The people. We have met so many great families through our neighborhood and school.

6. If you could go back in time, where & when would you go? My favorite era is the 1940’s. I love the cars, the clothes the way of life. Where would I go, well I would be Allie and I would go looking for Noah Calhoun (aka Ryan Gosling), in Coastal North Carolina.

7. What is the one thing you couldn't live without? My boys! I need them, they make me whole!

8. Why do you blog? I started this blog strictly for myself and to get back to ME. Heal my inner self, from my sadness, and my unhealthy ways. It has become so much more and I am ok with that.

9. What are you frightened of? One of my biggest fears is driving off a bridge and not being able to get out of the car, get the kids out or unbuckle the car seat. I have no idea why I obsess about this because the likelihood this will happen is slim. But I do have a device in my car (in a handy place) that breaks windows under water. I got it from a fire department.

10. What is your favorite movie? Pretty Woman, my all time favorite.

11. Do you have any pet hates? What the hell is a pet hate? Like a pet peeve…
People that push the elevator button over and over, because that’s going to make it come quicker!
People that leave the bathroom and do not wash their hands- Gross!
People who talk with their mouths full of food
Cashiers that ask for your phone number
Solicitors
Negativity
Laziness


My 11 Questions for the Awesome Bloggers I am going to Nominate

1.   How old are you?

2.   If you could be granted 1 wish what would you wish for?

3.   Do you collect anything as a hobby?

4.   What was the first blog you started following?

5.   What is the purpose of your blog?

6.   What is something you would do if you could get away with it?

7.   Who is your “crush” and why?

8.   Why is your best friend your best friend?

9.   Where do you live and how long have you lived there?

10.                What is your favorite type of music?

11.                How many kids do you have?


Lastly, 11 Random Facts about ME

1.   I live in Scotia, NY

2.   I have 4 tattoos and nothing is pierced besides my ears

3.   I hate Mice and snakes

4.   I regularly and on schedule get pedicures and get my eyebrows waxed.

5.   I like to brag about my children, because they deserve it and have earned it, not because I think they are better than someone else’s

6.   I will not compete with anyone about anything or be jealous of anything.

7.   I work harder than I lead on and my job is more important than I lead on.

8.   I am funny. I crack everyone up.

9.   When you first meet me I seem quiet and just as an acquaintance you would not believe the shit I do or say, until you’ve seen me in action.

10.                I love Mexican food!

11.                I wear glasses everyday all day at work


These are my Nominees:
Comfy Town Chronicles
The formerly Hot Housewife
Mamas Time Out
Poison’d Ivy
My Name is Not Mom
Mom the Pirate
 Not Everyone Can be a Mermaid
The Down and Dirty Home
Mommy’s Weird
The Vanilla Housewife
Smart Mouthed Mama








1 comment:

  1. 1. How old are you? I'm 39

    2. If you could be granted 1 wish what would you wish for? Enough money to pay off my house and hospital bills.

    3. Do you collect anything as a hobby? I've never been much of a collector. My hobbies have always been writing and singing.

    4. What was the first blog you started following? Insane in the Mom Brain, Slice of Humble, Mommy Has a Potty Mouth and The Klonopin Chronicles

    5. What is the purpose of your blog? It's really just because sometimes it's the Mama's who need the time out. Sometimes the kids are fine, but we are over run and need to take a break. I wanted to be a place for people to come and forget about themselves for a while.

    6. What is something you would do if you could get away with it? Remember what the Nazi's did with the Jews? That's what I would do with pedophiles and child and animal abusers.

    7. Who is your “crush” and why? Well, I actually still crush on my husband pretty bad. But, then there's Hugh Laurie...I don't know what it is about him... *sigh*

    8. Why is your best friend your best friend? My best friend is my best friend because she tells me how it is and not how I want to hear it. I have a few mental issues and while she has a habit of always telling me "baby steps" she also has a habit of telling me the stark truth when it needs to be heard. I will always love her for it.

    9. Where do you live and how long have you lived there? CT. Been here for 9 years, come August.

    10.What is your favorite type of music? I'm really eclectic about music. One day I might be listening to golden oldies and the next I might be blasting Marilyn Manson. I let my mood pick my music

    11.How many kids do you have? Just the Manchild. He'll be 14 next month =D

    ReplyDelete