Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bunker Punk Tour

Bunker Punk Tour 


What is your most prized possession?
I would say  all of my pictures. I love pictures. I love taking pictures. I love looking back at pictures and remembering certain details that I have forgotten. The joy of pulling out my oldest sons photo albums, reminiscing of  almost 16 years gone by then trying to remember his face being that small and trying to recollect what his voice sounded like. The love that ensues when I glance through our huge wedding album and then the sadness that slowly comes as there are so many loved ones that have left us since then. Pictures are a treasure, the old fashion photo albums have been replaced by digital CD’s and memory drives that we can’t hold in our hands or find quickly to get lost in. I miss that.


  How do you unwind after a long day?
Besides taking the bra off??? If I can stay awake to "unwind" because most times unwinding means just sitting down and falling right asleep. When I have time after the lil man goes to bed I like to have a glass of wine, cuddle up with my blanket and catch up on our DVR with my Hubs and oldest son. We laugh and watch our sitcoms like Goldberg’s or Modern Family. If I am tired (which is many weeknights) I just go fulfill my Criminal Minds obsession, watch ION TV in bed, comfy, scroll around on my phone and catch up with my JMarts peeps.

What is one song that has followed you throughout your whole life?
I don’t think there is just one song. Music is a huge part of my life. I could not live without music. Music is healing. It relaxes me, makes me happy and lets me cry when I need it. It makes me remember certain times of my life with simple lyrics. I have songs for pretty much every person in my life. I grew up on music, from my Grandfather playing the guitar and singing to us as kids or my parents introducing and always playing music of all genres; country, rock and many classics that I still like today.

If you could give one piece of advice to new bloggers in your field, what would it be?
My advice would be... just go with it. When I write it’s always from the heart. I started my blog after an incredibly hard year after losing my Dad. It was my saving grace and helped me heal so much over the course of the next year. I love to write about things that get to me emotionally whether, it is sadness, frustration, happy, love, my opinion or just a strong view on something controversial.
If you feel it, let it flow and forget what about everyone is doing.

Now that you're famous, we need a quote from you.
You are only allotted so much time on this earth so don’t waste it pretending. Always be YOU. -JMarts

1 comment: