Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fun times..Good Morning NOT

So the toddler comes in my room every morning about 5:30, we snuggle until my alarm goes off at 6am. Sometimes he falls back asleep, which he did this morning so I turned my alarm off (so he could sleep) with intentions of getting right up, Guess who fell back asleep, until I hear the teenager at the door, Uh Mommy we over slept it’s 7:15…His bus comes at 7:05. We jet out of bed, I freshen up, wash face, get half way dressed while trying to get a crying hungry toddler, cleaned up, teeth brushed, and dressed too. Teenager is ready with coat on just waiting (because that’s what he does) and I still have NO pants on. Toddler is crying for food, I said you will have to eat in the car as I yell down to teenager to start the car and get toddler a drink and muffins for car.  Make a quick coffee, grab coats, bags and teenager is getting toddler in the car. Car is still frozen because it’s below zero and he could not get him buckled in the seat.  I try; yep one buckle is either frozen or randomly broke. (Of course it is) I buckle the harness part and then use the seatbelt and buckle his waist in, as he is yelling in irritation that this wrong and it’s not the way he gets buckled. (Yes, I know this kid) We pull out of drive way, oh yeah can’t see the window is still frozen I spray it with washer fluid hoping that will clear me a spot….sun is blasting in my eyes and I am driving through the neighborhood looking out a little circle! This was a great thing to do being that the kid wasn’t buckled correctly.  Pulling out of the development, window is clear and toddler is yelling “who gave me milk” teenager “I did” toddler “well I don’t drink milk in the morning I drink juice” Mom “well today it’s milk, be nice your brother was trying to help” Race to the middle school he is only 15 minutes late for school. Not sure if I am suppose to go in with him to sign him in late, I don’t have time for that and that would also mean I would have to get the toddler out of the unsafe contraption of a car seat buckle. I tell him just go in, you’re a great student they know you’re not a delinquent, (because that justifies breaking school rules) if I need to write a note I will tomorrow, I love you have a good day.  Now heading to daycare….and my unshowered , cold and frazzled self made it to work on time!!! I make it to work on time on a day that starts out like this really? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment