Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trevor


As I sat with Trevor at the meeting about HIGH-SCHOOL tonight….the chaos of the morning came into my head. I realized how sad it will be when in a few years I will be down a kid (as he will be off to college) and I will wish that voice was at my door saying “Mom we over slept, I missed the bus”.  As I sat there I just could not believe how wonderful this person is sitting next to me. Here’s what I realized: I have never had to yell at or ground this kid, I have never heard him swear,  he has never gotten less than an A on any report ever, he helps me without complaining, he loves me and he is not afraid to show it, he has told me “love you” on the phone in front of his friends, he is responsible and trustworthy, he tells me truth, he gives me a hug every night without fail before bed, he is the best friend any kid could ever have, and he truly loves his little brother more than life.  
Our family has been through a lot in 2012 yet he is my untouched soul.  The cruelties and happenings in  the world have not touched him.  He is pure and he is kind.  I hope he never loses that no matter what life may throw at him next. Love you so much Trevor Manning Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment