Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What did you complain about today?

I try not to complain. I tend to very positive and look at the glass as half full instead of half empty.  (My Husband tells me I live in a fantasy world)
But in all honesty, I think you really have to be that way. What is negativity and complaining going to do for you anyway?
Am I saying I NEVER complain? No, I complain sometimes like the rest of us however I usually complain in a way where I can slide a joke in there and just move on.
We as human beings complain way too much.  We complain when our alarms go off yet we should be happy that we woke up to another day. We complain we have to go to work when so many are unemployed and we are lucky to even have a job.  We complain our house is too small yet I see homeless people. We complain because our parents are annoying/sufficating yet so many of wish for one more day with theirs.  We complain we have to help care for our grandparents yet so many of us wish our grandparents just remembered who we were. Women complain their husbands snore and so many women wish their husband was lying next to them at night even if they were snoring. Men complain their wives have gained weight yet some men are watching their wives waste away from breast cancer and wish they were able to pack on the pounds.  We complain our kids are driving us crazy yet some where there is a couple just wishing they were able to have kids to drive them crazy. We complain when it’s too hot we complain when it’s too cold. We complain we’re busy but then complain when we’re bored. We complain about the government no matter what they do. We complain about the President even after we voted him in.  We complain when our kids are sick and we have to scramble to arrange things, yet a parent somewhere dropped everything, jobs and homes to care for their dying child. We complain our spouse works too much yet a spouse of the Military may go to work for an entire year. We complain we have to cook every night yet your neighbor can’t afford groceries this week.  We complain about gas prices but should be happy to have a car to put gas into. We complain about the wait at the doctor’s office for our sore throat yet the person before you took more of the physicians’ time because he was explaining diabetes to them for the first time.  
What did you complain about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment