Thursday, March 21, 2013

Momma of Two Boys



Reasons Why I Love Being a Mom of Boys. 

Boys love their mom, always.
Boys play hard and sleep hard.
I am the prettiest person in our house.
I smell better than everyone else in the house.
I have the most extensive wardrobe than anyone else in the house.
I get the most closet space.
My closet overflow can go into the boys' closets.
No one will borrow my clothes.
No one will borrow my shoes.
No one will borrow my jewelry.
No one will use my Bath and Body Works shower gel.
My hairdryer and hairbrush are always right where I left them.
They hold my hand in the store.
They think I am beautiful.
I am expected to take the longest to get ready, and it is fine with them.
Sports Night for the boys, & Wine Night for the girls.
If we find an earring, everyone knows who lost it.
I can easily pick out my socks from a basket of whites.
I can easily pick out my underwear from a basket of delicates.
I never have to take out the garbage.
I never have to mow the lawn.
I don't have to learn to use barbecue grill.
Back to school shopping takes 30 minutes.
Boys are easy to shop for: SNEAKERS
Boys are easy to feed: they eat everything in sight!
Boy haircuts are cheaper than girls.
Boys need a comb and water to fix their hair.
No barrettes.
No ponytail holders.
No hair ribbons.
No collection of different shaped hairbrushes.
No curling irons.
No flat irons.
No braiding.
No bad hair days.
A boy bathroom: shampoo and conditioner all in one and hopefully a bar of soap.
I get the most shelf space in the shower.
No Barbies.
No Barbie shoes.
No Barbie house.
No Barbie = no crazy body image issues with daughters.
I have no idea what "An American Girl" doll is or why anyone needs one.

I know the most direct route to the Emergency Room.
I know how to check if a nose is broken.
I can read x-rays.
I can wrap a sprain.
I know the preschool director very well.
I look better in pink than anyone else in the house.
There is always a sporting event to go watch.
I can escape to the spa by myself.
I get to go shopping by myself.
Someday I will get to buy 2 mother of the groom dresses.
Someday I will get to dance with each of my sons at their weddings.
We are blessed to have the challenge of raising good men.
We teach them to respect women.
We teach them that women are strong in mind and body.
We teach them that women are more than objects to admire.
We teach them that women are equal partners.
We teach them to never, ever hurt a woman.
I get to have "daughters" later, when shopping with them will be more fun.
Boys open doors for me.
Boys snuggle and cuddle, no matter how old they are.
When trying to find their swimsuit you only have to find one piece.
It takes 30 seconds for them to get dressed.
It takes 3 minutes for them to eat breakfast.
They can be up and out the door in under 5 minutes.
If someone screams you know the situation is serious.
I have an excuse for the bathroom being dirty.
When traveling by car and their bladders reach capacity just pull over and let them go.
When out as a family, Daddy takes everyone to the bathroom.
No worries about having an accident because the bathroom line is too long.
Boys don't gossip.
No girl drama.
Brothers stick together
I am QUEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment