Monday, March 25, 2013

Advice for My Boys Momma JMarts Style

I know my boys both know how much I love them.  I try and do all I can to raise them to become outstanding men. This is Momma's advice and what I think they need to know as they grow and as a man! 

I mean c'mon, look at Momma JMarts....I know what I'm talking about... Who wouldn't take advice from this lady





  1.  Be Nice. This world is full of rude assholes. Always be nice, it makes you the better person. I have zero tolerance for mean people. 
  2. GO to COLLEGE! Education is something NO ONE can take away from you. You can run with it. If you want to play sports that's fine, but have a back up and that back up needs to be your brain!!!!!
  3. Have a sense of humor and don't take EVERYTHING so serious. Life is full of surprises good and bad! You can not win them all, so do not let anger, sadness or negativity ruin you!!
  4. Save MONEY when you are young, single and childless!!!!!!! I have no idea what the economy might be when this applies, but shit isn't cheap and it's getting worse.
  5. ALWAYS be YOU! Never pretend to be someone your NOT! It's exhausting. You find strength and confidence in just being YOU! Never care what people think of you, you do not need their approval, just love yourself. As long as you are a good person, everything else will fall into place. You had me as a mother, so I have confidence that you must be close to perfect! ;)
  6. It's Ok to forgive but ALWAYS be smart enough to never forget. I do not believe in Forgive and Forget, because that's not human nature.
  7. Take Pride in your appearance. No woman likes a nasty guy. Cut you nails, shave or trim, cut your hair, keep your teeth in tip top shape, shower daily, shower after sports or the gym, use mouthwash and sometimes even get a pedicure, no shame in that!
  8. Your Private Parts are Private. Do not flaunt that shit, Do not sleep around, PLEASE do not be a MAN WHORE! 
  9. Do not make me bury you! Be Safe, Be Wise, Be Responsible. Make good decisions. 
  10. Be strong and tough, Woman hate WIMPS! NOT SEXY! But at the same time be sensitive enough that when I die you throw up from crying. Thanks!
  11. You're going to fail at something. You are going to get dumped. You need to handle that with class and not be a sissy douchebag. 
  12. Do NOT do drugs or drink and drive. You will end up in jail. I am sure your cellmate will be a complete idiot loser who smokes, shits and masturbates all day. That's not the life I want for you. Be smart!
  13. ALWAYS love your BROTHER! Mommy and Daddy won't be here forever and you will NEED each other.
  14. Most important, please choose your wife wisely. But I will be HONEST here, I will LOVE her because you love her, and I LOVE YOU that much! I will NEVER judge or tell you she is NOT good enough. If you love her I love her, but she needs to give the same amount of love back. I will never be mean to her. Do you hear what I am saying, I am pretty much saying you could bring home the town whore and I will find a way to love her because I NEVER want to lose you. I think I will raise you both in a way that you can love your wife with all your heart and have children yet still WANT to come see Momma and have me as a large part of your life. I will NEVER MAKE YOU CHOOSE!!!!! I will never make her feel uncomfortable and you both know I am easy going and fun so I think it will be easy. But, I would not be lying if I said I would be ok if you came home and said she was an orphan! eeeek 
  15. Lastly, bring your crazy Momma a bottle of wine every now and then and take the time to drink it with me. Oh and by that I mean the big bottle not the little one, the little one goes quick and I need more time with you because I already know that I will miss you!
My Boys........Trevor and Tanner (14 and 3 1/2)



2 comments:

  1. I need to share this with my boys even though they are already grown up. It's never too late to learn a new lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3, 5, 6, & 14...AMEN!! It's all excellent advice, but these four really resonated with me and what I have always tried to teach my boy. Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing you around the Blogdom. Write on!

    ReplyDelete